Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Crossbody Cowl






After many... many... many requests,  it's finally here. 
Most of the pattern is detailed in the video

However, there are a few written notes below in case you need something to refer to. 

Crossbody Cowl
US "S" 19.00MM
2 Balls Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick in “Charcoal” (106 yds/ball)


PART ONE: BODY (MAKE 2)


Chain 22 (or any number that equals the distance between the top of your right shoulder and the bottom of your right hip. Keep in mind, if you have a larger bust or wider shoulders, you may have to chain more initially to account for such factors. Either way, use your best judgment and follow the general pattern.)


Chain 1


Row 1: SC in the 2nd chain from the hook and every chain across. [22 SC Total]
Row 2: Chain 1. Complete 1 CS in the 2nd stitch from the hook and every stitch across. [22 SC Total]
Row 3: Chain 1. Complete 1 CS in the 3rd stitch from the hook and every stitch across. [21 SC Total]


Rows 4-22: Repeat Rows 2 and 3


You can complete however many rows you want. The more rows you complete, the wider your cowl. Please refer to the video for joining the two body pieces together and Part Two.


Oh and one more thing:

You've been hooked!
SHARE:

24 comments

  1. Amazing as always. So, enjoy your tutorials. I am a "beginner" and have learned so much from you. Great details, very easy to understand.
    Thank you so much ☺☺
    OneDaffodilLane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you like them. Thanks for watching!

      Delete
  2. I love this and can't wait to make it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If i use 15mm hook it will be ok??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! However, you may have to do more chains for your foundation chain.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much i will defenetly try it!

      Delete
  4. I love this pattern! I can not wait to get some yarn and make myself one. I love all your videos. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful video. I can't wait to make this. BTW you are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this! Thank you for sharing! You're such a Beautiful Young Lady! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!!! can't wait to make this, thanks for your videos I love them!! Learning so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!! cant wait to mk thank u so much for ur great videos

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your tutorials!!! I have a question which row do you start the decrease??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Made this with a 15mm hook chained 32 but came out too small, so I tried it on my 12 year old daughter and the shoulders ended up very square. What did u do wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Desiree, I have been hooked! (Smile)

    However, I cannot get your video to play so I can get the directions to finish the Cross Body Cowl- help! ...please. It has played for me previously but in the last two days I cannot get it to play on my phone or ipad.

    Written directions please. (Smile)

    Love, love your videos. Keep up the excellent work!

    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me encanta tus tutoriales, son fáciles de entender. Ya hice 2 de tus diseños y mucha gente en la cale, me preguntan.. Donde lo compre? Y eso me gusta, porque se, que mi trabajo se ve profesional.
    Gracias... Y sigue haciendo bufandas originales!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Me encanta tus tutoriales, son fáciles de entender. Ya hice 2 de tus diseños y mucha gente en la cale, me preguntan.. Donde lo compre? Y eso me gusta, porque se, que mi trabajo se ve profesional.
    Gracias... Y sigue haciendo bufandas originales!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. CS means: Camel Single Crochet stitch

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would also love to see part 2 please

    ReplyDelete

© Simply Hooked Crochet

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig